Our Vision for Learning
At Marcellin College we aim to provide a learning and teaching program that fosters the notion of lifelong learning, developing the skills necessary for all members in our community to connect and interact with the real world.
We believe contemporary education in the 21st century provides opportunities for students to engage in authentic learning allowing them to collaborate, communicate, be creative and think critically about their learning in a local and global perspective. The use of digital technologies provides a platform for learning and teaching programs to foster such learning.
Marcellin College is part of the mission of the Catholic Church and is a faith community where learning and teaching seeks the integration of faith, life and culture. This vision strengthens our commitment to educating and supporting the growth of our boys as they 'strive for the highest with virtue and courage' - Virtute Ad Altissima. We uphold these values as we enrich the appreciation of the story of our Catholic faith and charism of Saint Marcellin Champagnat.
At Marcellin College we seek to foster a faith learning environment that has the Marist characteristics at its centre that:
In the Way of Mary
- Is committed to promoting the work of the Church through the Marist way of making Jesus Christ known and loved.
- Is aspirational in promoting a Marial disposition – simplicity, compassion, openness, confidence and optimism, to make an active difference in the world.
- Is personalised, rigorous and relevant, allowing all learners access to opportunities to reach their full potential in all aspects of College life.
- Is innovative in its approach to improving student outcomes and addressing the needs of all learners in the 21st century.
Love of Work
- Is committed to providing opportunities for all learners to engage in continuous personal reflection, growth and development.
- Is focused on providing learning opportunities for all learners to collaborate, communicate, be creative, and think critically in local and global perspectives.
- Is a safe and supportive environment which fosters growth, self-esteem, positive relationships and where all individuals are valued.
- Is informed by research and supported by best practice in a local, national and global context.
- Is focused on teacher methodology and efficacy that makes all learning accessible for learners.
- Is committed to nurturing our students as they grow from boys to fine young men in the footsteps of Saint Marcellin Champagnat.